Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: For those with more than a handful of dolls...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All of DD's dolls are out. I think we have 17 now with the addition of Elizabeth and today #26! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] They are mostly in DD's playroom, but we also have a couple in the familyroom and DD's room as well. We do have quite a few acessories, so we do switch them out. We just took dowm the cabana and put up Kaya's teePee which will be up until right after thanksgiving, then the sleigh will come out, etc. The dolls are always out though and dressed for what ever is going on at the time...It is a lot of work, but it makes it so much more fun to bring different things out all the time.

    Shelly

  2. #22
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YEE GADS! I don't know how to count...we are at 20 dolls as of today...UGH!

    Shelly

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! Some of you have a lot of dolls. I can't imagine having that many!

    I'm just excited for the holidays because I'm hoping to get enough money to buy one or two more!

    -Jordyn

  4. #24
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dolls usually end up in various places throughout the house or they stay in their beds for a while.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member musicismyradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2005
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have only five dolls as of right now, but I display them in what used to by my older brother's room and what is now the computer/doll room. I keep trying to get my mom to get rid of my brother's old furniture because I tell her he's ruined it and there is not point to keeping it. But she know's my real motives! I'll be needing more room soon, so I'm hoping I'll convince her. I used to keep my dolls in my room when I just had two, but the furniture and accessories took up too much room. They have moved around in the house over the years, but I took my brother's moving out as a great opportunity to store my dolls somewhere closer to me. Although I only have only five right now, they all mean something to me in their own way. I know exactly the love everyone is speaking about for their dolls. Although my parents would have if they could've, they would have gotten me a doll as I so dearly wanted as a child. But when my dad was laid off and trying to get back into the education system again, getting a doll just couldn't happen. So now, I think because I couldn't have one then, it's like hyper drive for AG now! Things have been good since those difficult years, but because I'm a student I still can't get as much as I truly desire. So I have told my boyfriend that someday when we are working and we have a house together, I will have a room dedicated to my dolls to display them and their collection. And I will let my collection grow to what I've always imagined it to be.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member marymooget's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2004
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My AG dolls are all in the living room.Nellie and Sam in Sam's bedroom scene, Kit and Molly in Kit's bedroom scene which are on a card table in the corner of the room. Elizabeth and Felicity are on the entertainment center with the tilt top table. The rest are on a desk in two rows,the top one raised 6in with styrfoam boards, so that the top row can be seen well.
    I have other dolls in other rooms, but my AG dolls are where I can gaze on them always.
    I too just want to be able to see them when I am home.Some have extra special meaning to me, but,all of them I adore.
    If space were not a huge issue for me, I would probably have many many more.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by janabanana:
    You can never have too many dolls or children!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well said, Jan. I never really thought of it that way, but it does make sense. I suppose my slight apprehension at having a large doll collection was largely space-related - it's a bit overwhelming to think of how much space one would need to display 8 complete historical collections (my dream goal!) when you live in a small apartment. It also seems like AG is releasing dolls at a much faster pace then when I collected as a child. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you were all able to bond with your girls, however large their number might be. Thanks for sharing your insights.

    - Becca

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So far Just Magic Maria is winning the Who Has The Most Toys contest, hands down! I think I'm pushing 60 eighteen inchers now because I just bought 4 this week and am bidding on one more. I'm hoping that some will go back to their beds or boxes some day soon because they're literally all over the house, on chairs, floors and tables. No space left for formal set-ups so I'm photographing them outdoors these days.

    There are always special dolls but if I don't bond with someone after a reasonable interval, I give them away. As I've said in other threads, all the dolls belong in a primary group. Most groups have 6 to 9 members. So I can play with one grouping at a time. Then they have friends in other groups. So the friends drop by. Now I have a problem because the group lines are sort of blending. Therian started in Windsor but she's really into ice skating, so I moved her to the Simsbury group. But she has friends in Windsor. Help???

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Ima AG Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2003
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I usually have all mine in storage. Sometimes I have this wild hair to get one out..take pics...or display a few. I don't like them to catch dust and let it ruin thier pretty hair. Also before we moved I had problems because my windows would fade things fast....

  10. #30
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar
    How do you bond to so many! Easy, I bond the minute I open the box and see a new precious beauty. I just have never had trouble bonding to any of my girls.

    I love these dolls so much, it is scary! I have loved dolls all my life, but none as much as my AG's. They are the most beautiful dolls to me. The quality of the dolls, their clothes, and accessories is just phenominal.

    My girls are usually in my foyer/entry hall area on top of my buffet; but I play with them a lot!. Right now Sue Lynn and Addy are on the dinning room table riding the AG scooter and skateboard. Abigale Marie and Andrea Pauline are watching them ride. The rest are on display on the buffet. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •